- Parts, Warranty, & Repair
- Sponsorship, Donations, Professional Staff
- Purchasing Pflueger Logo Gear
- Catalog, Product Listings
- Becoming a Dealer
- Antique Reels
- Career Opportunities
- Spinning Reels
- Fly Reels
- Baitcast Reels
Parts, Warranty, & Repair
Can my reel be repaired by Pflueger? Can I purchase reel parts?
We offer reel repair services as well as reel parts. If you are interested in utilizing these services, you may want to take a look at our Parts and Service pages.
What is the Pflueger rod warranty?
For your convenience, here are our rod warranty procedures listed.
Can my Pflueger rod be repaired? Are rod parts or sections available?
Pflueger does not repair rods and does not sell parts. If your rod is within its original warranty period and broke as a result of a manufacturer’s defect, you may want to take a look at our Warranty Page.
Sponsorship, Donations, Professional Staff
Does Pflueger provide sponsorship for individuals?
Thank you for your interest in sponsorship and desire to support the Pflueger brand. Our pro staff is fully booked and we are not adding any new sponsorships at this time. If you would like to be considered for any future openings, you can submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sponsorship/Pro Staff” for review. We wish you well with your fishing endeavors and appreciate your brand loyalty.
Does Pflueger provide donations for events?
We receive thousands of requests for donations every year. It is not possible for us to assist with all of them. If you wish to submit a request for a product donation, please send your donation request to email@example.com. Your e-mail will be passed along to our donations coordinator. If we are able to provide a donation for your event, we will reply shortly. If you have not received a response within two weeks of your event this means we were not able to offer support at this time. As you submit your request, please include the following information:
- Event Sponsor/Organizer
- A main contact for the donation with their title, phone number, e-mail, & shipping address
- A brief explanation of the event along with its purpose
- Event date
- How the donation will be used
- Who will be attending the event (Ex. Adults, children, students, families, etc)
- How many attendees are expected?
- How will the donation be used?
Does Pflueger take applications for Pro Staff?
Thank you for your interest in sponsorship and desire to support the Pflueger brands. Our pro staff is fully booked and we are not adding any new sponsorships at this time. If you would like to be considered for any future openings, you can submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Sponsorship/Pro Staff” for review. We wish you well with your fishing endeavors and appreciate your brand loyalty.
Does Pflueger have any current Rebates/Promotions?
Individual promotions and rebates can be found on the product pages. See a complete listing of Pflueger rebates and promotions.
How do I find out the status of my rebate?
If you have questions about your rebate, please visit www.rebate-zone.com/PFLUEGER for information or contact the RebateZone at (866)235-6834, Monday-Friday, 9 AM – 8 PM EST.
Purchasing Pflueger Logo Gear
Does Pflueger have Decals/Stickers/Patches?
Thank you for your interest in displaying the Pflueger logo on your hard goods and clothing. We currently have decals available for purchase on our website. Patches and other logo apparel can be purchased at our Gear Website.
Does Pflueger have apparel?
Patches and other logo apparel can be purchased at our Gear Website.
Catalog, Product Listings
Can I receive a Pflueger product catalog?
The Pflueger product catalog is available exclusively online as an e-catalog for your convenience.
Why is my item not shown on the web site?
Every year Pflueger manufactures many different rod and reel models. We work closely with our retail partners to provide exclusive items sold only through their retail and online storefronts. These exclusive items are not listed on the Pflueger website but can generally be found on the sites belonging to our customers. Many of the exclusive brand products are very similar to an item on the Pflueger website but only those products that are available nationwide throughout all retailers are listed on the website. In addition, if a product is discontinued, it may no longer be visible on the website.
Becoming a Dealer
My business is located in the Americas. How do I become a retailer/dealer for Pflueger?
If you are interested in becoming a dealer or retailer of our products and are located in the Americas (South, North, or Central America), contact us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Name & brief description of the business
- Contact name, phone number, e-mail & address (including country)
- Type of Business
- Retailer (physical building)
- E-commerce (internet store)
- Both retailer & E-commerce
- Do you have a someone at your company that is English speaking?
- Length of time as an operational business
- Expected annual sales
- Percentage of annual sales that are currently fishing tackle
- A listing of fishing tackle brands currently sold by your business
My business is located outside of the Americas. How do I become a retailer/dealer?
If you are interested in becoming a retailer/dealer of Pflueger products outside of the Americas, please contact the appropriate office listed below.
PURE FISHING Deutschland GmbH
Uferweg 40-42 • 63571 Gelnhausen
Telefon +49 (0) 6051 / 8287-0
Telefax +49 (0) 6051 / 8287-20
Geschäftsführer: Michael Stahlberg HRB 13336 AG Hanau
Steuernummer 044 241 46647
Ust.Id.Nr.: DE 23463662
Pure Fishing (UK) Ltd.
Moons Moat Drive
Tel: +44 (0)1527 405 410
Fax: +44 (0)1527 405 411
Pure Fishing Italy
Via Conturli 59/A
16042 Carasco (GE)
Pure Fishing France
396 rue de la Precision
Pure Fishing Netherlands
NL-4814 RA BREDA
Pure Fishing Sweden
SE- 376 81
Pure Fishing Norway
Kjeller Vest 3, bygg 2
Pure Fishing Denmark
Pure Fishing Finland
Remaining areas of Europe
Pure Fishing Europe
396 rue de la Precision
74970 Marignier France
Pure Fishing Japan Co.,Ltd
Shibaura Square Building
4-9-25, Shibaura Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
TEL No: 81-3-6858-7008
Pure Fishing Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 5199
Chittaway Bay, NSW 2261
Phone 61-2- 4351 7740
Facsimile 61-2- 4351 7741
Pure Fishing New Zealand
38 Arrenway Drive, Mairangi Bay
Auckland, New Zealand
Postal - Pure Fishing NZ
PO Box 305 666, Triton Plaza
North Shore 0575 New Zealand
Pure Fishing Asia
13F No. 366 Bei Teng Road
Bei Teng District
Pure Fishing Taiwan
13F No. 366 Bei-Tun Road
Pure Fishing Thailand
59 Intamara 15 Suthisarn Road
Payatai Bangkok 10400
Pure Fishing Malaysia
Region: Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore
No. 36 Jalan Kartonis U1/47
Kawasan Perindustrian Temasya
40150 shah Alam Selangor Darul Ehsan
Pure Fishing Korea
Sam Ryung induspark 6F
How do I submit an idea or invention to Pflueger for consideration?
Thank you for your interest in sharing an invention idea with Pflueger. Occasionally we are contacted regarding products and inventions which the submitter hopes may be of value to our business. While some submissions are made without thought of compensation, in other instances the submitter believes their submission will result in Pflueger having an obligation to provide payment of some kind. We want such persons to protect their interests. At the same time, we must also protect our interests. We maintain a large research staff and various outside consultants to find ways to improve our products and to develop new ones. Thus, it is quite possible one of our own employees or consultants has already conceived of the same or similar idea as that which you wish to submit, or that we have already noted the idea in various trade and scientific publications.
We have found it necessary, therefore, to adopt a uniform policy for the consideration of all ideas, products, and inventions submitted to us by persons outside of our organization. Under this policy, we can consider only those suggestions for which a copy of our Submission Form has been completed. If the terms herein are acceptable to you, please check the appropriate box, sign, and return the form to us by mail or fax along with a description of your idea, product, or invention. Upon receipt, we will then be able to send your input to the appropriate department for consideration. After we have studied your idea and/or proposal, we will contact you if we have interest in pursuing further discussions regarding its commercialization. Please note that we are unable to accept non-patented ideas for which the submitter expects compensation.
Invention Submission Forms can be sent to the following address:
Invention Submission c/o Marketing
7 Science Court
Columbia, SC 29203
Can Pflueger assist with valuing old reels?
Pflueger is fortunate to have a rich heritage and many people throughout the world that collect Pflueger products. Valuing or identifying older reels can be tricky. Due to the nature of the vintage market, Pflueger has chosen to focus on its core strengths of design and manufacturing of fishing tackle and does not provide a valuing or identification service. There are some web sites and forums that may be able to assist you.
How do I find out more about career opportunities?
Please visit the Career Section of the Pure Fishing website for information on career opportunities.
Why choose a spinning reel?
Using a spinning reel Is generally thought to be much easier to learn than baitcast and has more control features than a spincast model. It is possible to develop techniques in accuracy and distance that rival baitcast users. The spool does not move during a cast, so you are able to use lighter lures than baitcast reels. Most spinning reels give you a left or right hand retrieve option.
How does the reel works?
Line is released from a stationary spool by flipping a bail wire. The weight of the lure propels the line forward. Spinning reels hang below the rod and come in sizes from ultra light to monster (large) size for deep sea fishing.
What about anti-reverse?
All good spinning reels have an anti-reverse feature. This feature stops the rotor from reversing directions. Without the anti-reverse the spool could spin in either direction, letting the line un-spool off the reel. Always set the anti-reverse after a cast to be ready for reeling in after the first bite.
How do I attach the spinning reel handle or change between left & right retrieve?
Attaching the handle
Most new spinning reels come with the handle collapsed for ease in packaging. It can be easily be attached:
- Hold the reel in the palm of your hand with the handle on the left and the spool facing away from you. The handle will be dangling down.
- Bring the handle in line with the body of the reel and turn the handle forward, toward the front of the reel. A couple of twists and the handle will seat itself in place.
- It's important to hold the reel spool firmly in place while tightening the handle, otherwise the spool will spin. Tighten the handle "hand" tight. No need to use any tools.
- Notice the small cap on the opposite side of the handle. This is a dust cap. It covers the opening for changing your handle from left to right retrieve.
Changing the handle to a different retrieval side
Reverse the instructions for attaching the handle.
- Remove the dust cap and keep it handy.Hold the reel firmly in the palm of your hand. Do not let the spool spin.
- Hold the handle near the base of the reel and quickly snap the handle backward (toward the rear of the reel).
- Unscrew the handle until it comes off. Place the dust cap over the opening.
- Screw the handle into the otherside of the reel.
- To collapse the handle for storage, loosen it just enough for the handle to hang down but still remain attached to the reel.
Some of the new Pflueger handles have a release lever on the top of the handle. This release lever allows for the handle arm to lay down to the side without unscrewing the complete handle. Simply push down on the lever and move the handle toward the back of the reel.
Can I determine the size of my Pflueger spinning reel by its model number?
All reels possess a model number that indicates its size. At Pflueger all model numbers start with a 2 digit number indicating the model name. These two numbers indicating model name are followed by two additional numbers indicating size. Please see below for a guide on model sizes.
- 25 = Ultra light (this is the small standard size reel)
- 30 = Light freshwater
- 35 = Medium light freshwater
- 40 = Medium freshwater
- 50 = Heavy freshwater/medium saltwater
- 60 = Medium saltwater
- 70 = Heavy saltwater
- 80 = Heavy saltwater
How can I turn the click drag on and off?
- Remove the spool from the frame. This should make the brass triangle and clicker wire visible.
- Turn the triangle so the point faces to the right. Using a small flat head screwdriver, remove the clicker wire and flip it in the opposite direction.
- Replace the clicker wire. To activate the click drag, turn the triangle point toward the top of the spool. Now turn the reel in the right hand direction.
Models in the 1400 or 1500 series have a light, constant click while the line is paying out that cannot be turned off.
Models in the Supreme 1800 series can turn the clicker on and off by using the small sliding button next to the drag knob.
How do I switch between left and right retrieve?
Models in the 1400 and 1500 series
- Remove the spool. Look on the frame, and find the center post encircled by a metal ring and black gear. Wipe off the grease from this area.
- Remove the 2 screws holding the ring in place. Remove the metal ring, being careful to keep it face up.
- Remove the black gear, turning it face down. Note the tiny black plastic pawl. It sits on a tiny spring. Be careful not to dislocate or lose this spring.
- Replace the black gear, face down and the metal ring face up. Gently jiggle the gear in place on the tiny pawl. Hold in place and tighten down the screws.
- Put the spool back in. Palm the reel in your left hand. When cranking forward it should be free spinning, when turning the crank toward yourself you should feel a little resistance.
Models in the Supreme 1800 series
- Remove the spool and locate the black pastic disc around the shaft.
- Remove the disk, flip it over and replace it in the same spot. Ensure the disc is properly seated.
- Replace the spool, turn the reel in the opposite direction and you are ready to go.
How does the drag system work?
Model 1094 - Single Action fly reel
The Model 1094 drag system consists of a click drag and rim control. To turn off the drag and use only rim (hand) control please see our section on Turning off Click Drag above.
Models in the 1400 and 1500 series
There is a constant click drag on the 1400 and 1500 reels, but there is also an adjustable drag. Find the plastic screw located on the top of the reel near the reel foot. Turn the screw to tighten or loosen the line. The drag operates only while line is going out. While retrieving line, the spool is completely free.
Models in the Supreme 1800 series
The Pflueger Supreme fly reels have an external disc drag system that allows for easy adjustments to tension on the line. The drag is adjusted with the knob on the back of the reel frame. Turning it completely counterclockwise will give no drag while turning it clockwise will increase the drag.
Why choose a baitcast reel?
The weight of the bait or lure pulls on the line causing the spool to turn, which releases more line. The angler uses their thumb or a thumb bar to regulate the flow of line from the spool. The heavier the lure, the more distance the line will travel when cast. Baitcast reels sit on top of the fishing rod.
Many people believe learning to baitcast is difficult but find that once casting technique has been established with a baitcast, they may never use any other type reel. The casting accuracy of a baitcast reels allows the user lay line exactly where the fish are biting. It is difficult to get this accuracy with any other styles of reel.
Baitcast reels can present some real challenges. While you are developing your casting technique expect to see plenty of "bird nests." That's what we call the backlash of tangled line caused by the spool moving faster than the line can be dragged off by the lure. Proper adjustment of the drag, patience, timing and practice are the best tools of a new baitcast user.
How do I adjust the drag?
Almost all current baitcast reels have a mechanism to adjust the "resistance" or drag on the spool. This controls the amount of force needed to pull line off of the reel. The drag system comes in several types, but star drags or a simple drag knob is the most common. By decreasing the drag, line will come off of the spool quickly when being pulled by a fish. Increasing the drag will let you fight the fish without giving out too much line. How much or how little drag you use depends on the fish, the fishing conditions, the type of rod, and personal casting style.